[CAUT] uprights

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Sep 2 17:53:14 MDT 2008

I've only come across 1 K that I sort of liked.  An older one with the
double flange system that I and another very experienced tech rebuilt.  It
was at best, "OK" when we finished, but on the whole.  you could do better
with something else.

pw

"Porritt, David" <dporritt at mail.smu.edu>
Sent by: caut-bounces at ptg.org
09/02/2008 04:50 PM
Please respond to
College and University Technicians <caut at ptg.org>

<ilvey at sbcglobal.net>, "College and University Technicians" <caut at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [CAUT] uprights

I only do one (4 year old) K52 for a teacher and it is substandard to my
ear.  One day right after I tuned it I returned to the school and tuned a
243HP that was far nicer.  The tenor is really weak, and the killer octave
really killer.  For that kind of money they should be wonderful
instruments and they just aren’t.

dp

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu