[CAUT] Bass end "rattle" on S&S "D" Being prepped for Brickman Concert Tomorrow!

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 18:09:19 MDT 2008

HELP!!!!!

I have only begun caring for the pianos at this school/venue in the last
month.
This piano was last serviced in May by the previous tech who left the area.

It was rebuilt in '03 and appears to have no major problems, the bass
strings are steel wound, not certain why.
The lowest 6 notes have a rattle that I could not eliminate. I tightened
every screw I could find, hinges, cabinet, lyre, plate bolts. I checked the
bridge pins to see that they were fully seated in the bridge.
The only way I could eliminate it was to lay under it and press up on 2 ribs
above the beam (that extends to the nose) about 2/3 of the way toward the
bass bridge, approximately under the tenor bridge.
I also cleaned under the plate and bridges looking for forign objects.

Now what? The concert is tomorrow night.

I would appreciate any advice,
Mike

--
I feel sorry for the person who can't get genuinely excited about his work.
Not only will he never be satisfied, but he will never achieve anything

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404
www.IFixPianos.com