[CAUT] Bass end "rattle" on S&S "D" Being prepped for Brickman Concert Tomorrow!

Tim Coates tcoates1 at sio.midco.net
Thu Sep 25 05:33:06 MDT 2008

Mike,

I know this sounds strange, but try un-twisting those strings.  No
twist at all.  Although, pressing on the ribs as you describe sounds
structural.

I have worked for Jim Brickman many times.  He prefers as narrow
octaves as you can get on the piano.  Fernando Ortega has the same
preferences (Fred Sturm:  Fernando told me he went to school with
you).  It has to do with what they have gotten used to in a recording
situation and also using in ear monitors while performing.  For them
too wide an octave sounds like unisons out of tune.

Tim Coates