[CAUT] recital policy

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Fri Apr 2 04:38:55 MDT 2010

With respect to attending when I choose to, it is a matter of being part of the community (spending time conversing with various faculty and students on a regular basis outside normal work hours fosters good relationships), getting to attend a free concert, and hearing the instrument in action. There is no substitute for attending a performance when it comes to evaluating your instrument and your work on it.
Here, here.  Just as is the case for musicians, listening is job one.  And at CalArts, pianos get used and moved (by the, er, "un-expert" amongst us) all of the time between concert servicings and performances, so you never know what to expect.

Alan Eder