[CAUT] damper return noise/una corda

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Thu May 6 13:33:44 MDT 2010

Fred-

You might try fidgeting with the keyframe stop screw.
Perhaps there is a point of travel which can give you some of the sound you
want, but not buzz the dampers too much.
What is needed is a new kind of damper that moves in from the agraffes with
a sort of wiping/rolling motion...try a soft wall painting roller! Tell that
to George Crumb.

Ed Sutton