[CAUT] Turbo wips

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Mon May 10 10:01:17 MDT 2010

Hi All,

I'm having a problem with an older set of Renner Turbo Wips.  I have no
idea how to get a consistant spring strength from note to note.  It's
weighing off all over the place, but it doesn't seem consistant with how
the springs "feel".  With the stack off and hammers out of the way, some
wips rise way up with a neighboring wip hardly rising at all, but they
"feel" different in springyness and the weigh off chart says they're very
close.  All else is in good regulation and pinning.  On the whole, it's
weighing off a bit lighter than the professor likes, and wondering if I
should just get rid of the assisting springs?

What say you?

Thanks
Paul