[CAUT] CAUT seminar? was Re: Preaching to the choir

Allan Gilreath, RPT allangilreath at bellsouth.net
Wed May 12 10:01:50 MDT 2010

Fred,

The Piano Technicians Guild has a Board of Directors that includes
contract College techs as the President and Secretary-Treasurer and a
University Staff technician as the Vice President. Most of the Regional
Vice Presidents and the Immediate Past President work as contract
technicians for various institutions.

Council has charged the CAUT committee, under the direction of the
Executive Board, to:

College and University Technicians - There shall be a
College and University Technicians Committee whose
principal duty shall be to promote the particular
interests of college and university technicians. This
committee shall maintain an updated list of college
and university technicians. Additional activities
may include a regular newsletter, educational
opportunities, and/or other special projects.

So, we have members of PTG who join and pay dues and we have a committee
of the organization charged to do these items with the resources of the
Piano Technicians Guild Board, Institute, Home Office, Council,
Membership, etc. and I see no reason why these events, programs,
publications, etc. can't be accomplished as a committee or why there
would be reason to assume there would be an argument.

There is always interest in new ideas and I look forward to seeing those
ideas brought forth for the Board and the membership to see, buy into
and then can reap the benefits.

I remain, respectfully,

Allan
Allan Gilreath, RPT