[CAUT] Money ( Preaching )

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Wed May 12 20:55:57 MDT 2010

 Dennis writes:

I've always wondered about a Caut endorsement granted to schools that meet certain criteria. <snip<  This is a long term process but I fully support Guild leadership that will take an active role in promoting visibility of it's dues paying members.

            I think the Guild would do best to make Guild members' income the priority.    If we want more money flowing into the hands of  PTG techs everywhere, we have to change the behavior of the people spending the money.  Ultimately, the customer has to be convinced it is in his best interest to use Guild members. The fastest way I know to do that is through the education channels, be it private teachers or institutions.  There is a small number of keyboard magazines, I would like the Guild to saturate them, next August, with our presence. We could afford to put big advertisements in more than one.  We could afford to target music school administrators.
      In 2009, we spent over $500,000 on office expenses and the professional services that go with them.  In that same year, we spent less than a tenth of that ($ 31,000) on marketing and promotion.
     Out of our total expenses in 2009,($ 1,133,921) we spent less than 3% on marketing our Guild.  Marketing ought to be one of the MAIN functions of this organization, not one of the least. It is fine to continue a training aspect in the guild, but  all the training in the world is useless if there is no market for it.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT