[CAUT] CAUT endorsement

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Mon May 17 15:53:15 MDT 2010

David,

True.

An interesting thing about Eric Schandall is that he doesn't say S&S are the "best". I liked the dignified responses he would give. For instance, he said about Fazioli "They're really good, but not exactly what we look for in a Steinway". That's about as "disrespectful" as he got. In all the PTG classes and three weeks with him at Steinway I never heard him disrespect other brands. Our local dealer, on the other hand, trashes anything non-Steinway. I wish they would take Eric's high ground.

At Snow College it's nice to have Steinways. It's easy to work on one type of piano, use the same parts, etc. However, at BYU we have a nice Shigeru EX-1, a Bosey, Yamahas, Baldwins and Kawais, etc. and our students can see for themselves the 10 or so brands we have. I guess I'm one of the few technicians that can see both sides of it. I like both gigs!

Jim