[CAUT] Deskframe Felt

Norman Cantrell normancantrell at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 10 11:23:33 MDT 2010

Paul

Another option is to use suede leather and cut strips of the appropriate size.
I buy full skins at Tandy Leather/The Leather Factory.  Usually I purchase skins
in earth tones and gray but occasionally there are skins of black available.  To
attach it to the music desk clean down to bare wood and use hide glue or fish
glue (longer set time).   As far as the replacement felt for the ends of the
music desk I am using a lot of billiard cloth these days.  It comes in a variety
of colors and is slightly thinner than most of the thin key bushing cloth.  I
get it from a billiard supply store and usually purchase the remnants of bolts
that are too small to cover a full pool table.  The dye lots don't always match
from one bolt to the next and the billiard guys are stuck with cloth that is
unusable for them but is more than adequate for us technicians.  I've gotten
some very good deals on quite a bit of cloth this way.  It is also good for
understring felt and string braid when you want all the colors to match.

Regards

Norman Cantrell, RPT