[CAUT] Down Weight Too High With New Hammers

Brent Fischer brent.fischer at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 21 20:47:05 MDT 2010

Jon,  thanks for taking time out of your day to replay with picture, too.The WNG tutorial is excellent and they supply a nicely designedpress for the front rail. Yes, the bushings are press fit and hopefullystay in place, dab of CA glue perhaps on the sides while pressing.Haven't found any docs on their site on the bal. pin install. Thereis a .46 difference in the diameters so I don't know if they expectone to use the same system. Time to call. Unlike some, they arevery attentive
 to customer needs and I think know in a tough economywith new products they are like Harley Davidson trying to sell theKnucklehead in the depression years. One thing I would like to see before the dean asks me why I am putting black parts in theconcert grand is some real data on amplitude increase on Steinwaysusing Steinway hammers. Another  issue is how does this stiffness  relate to an artist? I once installed Yamaha front rail punchings on an artist's grand and took them out the same day because of the felt's hardness difference, so before I dive in with the state's money I would really like to hear some more testimony on the stiffness "feeling". thanks again JonBrent