[CAUT] Yamaha regulation specs

Dan Rembold d_rembold at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 9 18:24:07 MST 2011

List,

Thanks for the great amount of responses recently about new suggestions for pianos.

Our remaining older P22's are now up for attention, and I'm struggling with getting the key height to work right with sufficient dip.  The older ones show presently only 2.25" height, measured from the front of keytop to keybed, and considerably less than 3/8" dip.  I have enough room at the fallboard and balance pins to come up a fair amount.  My question is, what should I be aiming for?

Also, does 1-3/4" sound like a good strike distance for hammers that show some wear?

Many thanks,
Dan
Auburn University

Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.