[CAUT] Steinway "sound"

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Tue Feb 15 17:38:08 MST 2011

Hey Dr.
 Love it.  There is a 1920s 9 ft Chickering in original condition in a school close by with a sound that is really fascinating. Clear open, unique.  I would have given real money for the piano just to tweak and rent it out to hear it at concerts....that is...if...  it ever became available.
  Ya know,I really enjoy the Steinway sound but I love so many really cultured piano voices that come my way, despite what the name may say on the fall board.  Just for fun my First choice for concert piano instruments I'd choose to hear if it was up to me, and not necessarily in this order but would definitely be An Overs, A Steingraeber an Erwins & Sons B, or a Stwy D we rebuilt, Cd 9 ft from 1941 at our college, Nossamans B from Rochester etc....You all get the idea and you have your favorites. Ones you have actually laid ears on.
  Good post

Dale S. Erwin
www.Erwinspiano.com
Custom restoration