[CAUT] tone color

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Thu Feb 24 10:24:04 MST 2011

I wasn't suggesting you were it was more of a general comment about the soundboard hammer interdependence and what that may mean in terms of the piano's ability to produce different colorations at different levels. If the belly depends on having a very soft hammer that will have a real impact on what happens when you try and play the piano loud. I think that particular aspect is not being addressed in this discussion generally but is a very critical component in understanding how these bellies are responding.