[CAUT] Upright tone openings

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Sun Feb 27 15:46:03 MST 2011

On Feb 27, 2011, at 2:39 PM, Laurence Libin wrote:

> Early 19th-century pianos were normally played with the lid closed
> to hide the guts and preserve the tuning. In general, loudness and
> brilliance weren't favored

	I have a couple customers who keep the lid entirely closed, as in
putting the music desk on top of the front lid flap. Too cheap to pay
for voicing is one way of looking at it. But if they like it that way,
who am I to question?
Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination." -
Einstein