[CAUT] Fwd: Steinway sound-Hammer weights: tiny bit OT

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Fri Mar 4 12:37:13 MST 2011

On Mar 4, 2011, at 10:40 AM, Paul T Williams wrote:

> now have a "loaner" grand.  If I need to rebuild a piano during the
> academic year, I can do so except for concert instruments and piano
> faculty B's.

Yes, having a loaner or floater grand is great. I have had one now for
a few years. My problem is that I have little shop space, not enough
for a grand. I have gradually taken over more real estate (moved from
an initial upright practice room to a larger one, to a former office/
storage/multipurpose room with actual double doors this last fall), so
we continue to progress. But like you, the concert and piano faculty
pianos can only be done over the summer, so it is a tight time frame.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu
http://www.createculture.org/profile/FredSturm