[CAUT] So, when does this go away?

Bdshull at aol.com Bdshull at aol.com
Tue Mar 8 15:12:18 MST 2011

Hi All,

As a CAUT Committee member I'm particularly concerned about the dramatic
change to the CAUT list.  I appreciate Fred's openness to change, but  I
identify with those who are not keen on the change.   I admire  those who can
rapidly adapt to new technologies, but I'm not quite so  flexible (though I do
try to keep up with my PDA), and particularly, I'm  not a big facebook
user, I simply don't like, or even agree with, the format  philosophy, and am
concerned about the movement from listserves and email - I've  not adopted
those changes myself, am on Facebook once a month at most   I am NOT keen about
the relatively abrupt move from this listserve format, and  with all its
foibles, so many of us are much more comfortable with the existing  format.

I should note that the CAUT committee was never briefed on this list
change.   When I learned, more than a year ago, that the PTG was going  to new
and comprehensive association software I was jazzed.  I didn't know  until the
last couple months that this meant the termination of our listserves  and a
dramatic new "communities" or facebook.  At the very least, I think  there
should be considerably more discussion with the CAUT community, and I'd be
supportive of giving some time at the CAUT Forum at the convention for
this.

I'm copying the CAUTCOM committee on this, our illustrious chair, Eric
Wolfley, and my fellow committee members will receive it.   I"ll also copy the
board.  I hope that this particular change can be  delayed until after the
Kansas City convention, if at all.

Regards,

Bill

Bill Shull, CAUT Committee Member

In a message dated 3/8/2011 1:39:24 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,