P-22s

DavidmP842@aol.com DavidmP842@aol.com
Fri, 05 Aug 1994 17:05:57 -0400 (EDT)

We don't have any Yamaha pianos at SMU, but I also maintain pianos for the
school district where I live.  There are many P-22s.  On the newest ones the
bar from the pedal to the dowel is tubular steel.  On many of these I have to
adjust the pedal screw like once a year.

I have not taken measurements to verify my suspicions, but it appears that
the tubular metal is bending slightly requiring the frequent adjustments.  I
have called Yamaha asking if they have a fix, an improved replacement bar, or
something suitable, and they usually respond as if I were the only one who
has had this problem.

Obviously, this is not the most difficult problem in the world, but when it
needs adjustment between tunings, explaining the adjustment proceedure to a
middle school choir teacher can sometimes be frustrating.

Am I indeed the only one who has noticed that these things need more frequent
adjustment than they should?

Dave Porritt