pitch fork?

Bob Simmons bosimmo@nis.CalState.EDU
Fri, 05 Aug 1994 14:58:11 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, I believe this is common practice. And that's approximately what I
do, but I must confess, I haven't quite figured out how to approximate
the extremes when the piano is change as much as 30 cents in a matter
weeks. I've tried finding a "happy medium," but no matter what, the piano
(unisons, octaves incuded) are obnoxious in no time, in the practice
rooms at that institution. Previous tuners have had their reputations
hurt by these fluctuating pianos, and I'm trying to see if I can help by
better communication. I've also been recommending Damppchasers, but with
the extremes I'm seeing those will only help a little, and not solve the
problem. Our humidity here (outside) can jump from 15% to 90% overnight,
and back again, during Santa Ana winds. So, I'm providing the best I know
how, for the given situation. So far, they've been satisfied.