accutuners

Tcoates@aol.com Tcoates@aol.com
Tue, 16 Aug 1994 02:37:34 -0400 (EDT)

I have been following the discussion concerning accutuners.  It seems to be a
recurring discussion year after year.  I work in the institutional setting
and in the private home.  I find that people have the right to choose who
they will hire to tune their piano.  Most of the decision to hire in the home
situation is based on:  does it sound in tune and does it stay in tune.
 Strangely enough,  concert artists care about those two areas very much.
How one achieves those criteria is not important.  It is important that a
qualified technician has figured out how to accomplish this feat in their own
way.

Every single technician I have ever met (aural or electronic) has their own
system.  I believe the old code of ethics for the PTG states:  I will not
advertise or otherwise imply or claim to the public that my method of tuning
is inherently superior to other professional methods of tuning.