Sound Board Repair

Glenn Grafton gleng@fast.net
Sat, 27 Apr 1996 11:01 -0400 (EDT)

I am interested in the experience anyone has had with repairing cracks in a
soundboard using the "Dryburgh Method." It is an epoxy material and was
suggested by the service warranty department of a piano manufacturer to
repair several cracks in a 3 year old piano.

The cracks are about 4-8 inches in length. The cracks are tight and are in
the left hand area of the soundboard, closest to the keybord. The area
would be accessible with all of the bass strings taken off.

We have not used this method before -- have always shimmed. I'd like to
hear the experiences of others that may have some opinions both pro or con.

Thanks.

Glenn Grafton
Grafton Piano & Organ Co.
Souderton PA