Europe vs. USA

Keith McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 23:59:51 -0500

>On Sat, 27 Apr 1996 PSIWKO@aol.com wrote:
>
>> By the way, would you be able to recommend to me any book or valuable
>> articles that were written by the American authors about different viocing
>> procedures?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Paul  Siwko-Bajon

I know you asked for American authors, Paul, but please indulge me to
present you with two publications by Franz Rudolf Dietz that helped me
greatly in regards to voicing and regulation.  They are:

1) Das Intonieren von Flugeln (Grand Voicing)
2) Das Regulieren von Flugeln bei Steinway (The Regulation of the Steinway
Grand Action)

I mention the regulation book as well because of Mr. Dietz's comment, "No
attempt should be made to fine voice a piano until it has first been
perfectly fine regulated and fine tuned." (Grand Voicing, page 23)

Regards,

Keith McGavern, RPT
kam544@ionet.net
Oklahoma Baptist University