Tech stuff

Ernest Juhn 71341.1370@CompuServe.COM
Tue, 30 Apr 1996 21:50:41 -0400 (EDT)

My book "Das intonieren von Fluegeln" is in 5 languages! I can read the German
and the English part. (In stereo so to speak).
Ja ich lese Deutsch.
On String breakage (which is indeed not a specialty if one particular brand)
there is one important factor to be observed. Once the strings are ready to
break - they will  -  no matter what!! So the section (bass or treble or
wherever) must be restrung, the hammer blow should be made narrower, the letoff
should be widened and the hammers must be filed and softened. All of these steps
are necessary! (You can't have one without the other.)
Reasoning is simple: since we can not change the pianist we must limit the
pianist by using our own little ways.
Yes, it is a compromise.
Ernie Juhn