Initials (was Re: Ivory cracks)

Jim Kinnear jkinnear@blue.georgian.net
Tue, 14 May 1996 22:17:40 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Keith
The initials ' IPT ' actually stand for Independent Piano Tuner, or
Incredible....  etc. and are just my fragile ego and feeble sense of humour
doing it's thing. I have been tuning pianos since I was a teenager, when my
father was a player piano rebuilder. He went on to other things, and I stayed at
the hobby level, learning as i went along, working on my own many pianos, and
those of my friends and aquaintances. About fifteen years ago, I managed a piano
 store (part of a chain)in the Toronto, Canada area, and though it went out of
business in the high interest era in the late 70's, I did have the good fortune
to have an instructive tuner on contract for the store pianos.  She gave me the
theory to support my practical experience.
I am not a member of the PTG, registered or otherwise, nor of the OPTG ( I'm not
 really a joining kind of guy )but I have found this web group extremely
interesting and on occasion very relevant to some of my perplexities. I have
posed some questions, and enjoyed the responses.
I hope my levity hasn't been misconstrued in any negative way, and apologies in
advance.
Thanks for askin'

Jim Kinnear
Kinnear Piano Services,