Teaching Curriculum

Rob Kiddell atonal@planet.eon.net
Wed, 15 May 1996 07:03:00 +0000

      Greetings Everyone,

      The technician at the University of Alberta (who is currently
coaching my tuning) has been asked by the Department of Music if he
is interested in teaching a course in piano technology or a related
topic. Rather than a general course, our discussions have narrowed down the
 potential course to essentially mirror our work preparing me for the
PTG aural tuning test. This would be offered through the university extension,
but students would be required to possess a membership in a piano
technicians'organization (PTG or CAPT, up here in Canada).
      Has anyone done something of this nature before, and if so, what
type of curriculum was developed?  Over the summer, the tech and
myself are going to put something together for the winter session,
and any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

(BTW, I ended up passing a dry run at the tuning test, under three
RPT's, but lack of CTE's up here means I'll have to test again. At
least the teaching worked!)

Thanks! 8-)  Rob
Rob Kiddell
C.A.P.T. Student