metric micrometers

William Bailer Wbailer@cris.com
Sat, 26 Oct 1996 01:27:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 22 Oct 1996, Joel Rappaport wrote:

>Hi Joel.....from Joel
>
>For a metric micrometer try Renner USA; I know they are in the main
>catalog.  Page 160, Item #1750.
>
>203-221-7500 in Connecticut

To anyone looking for micrometers:  I have not checked the price of the
Renner micrometers, but it has been my experience that most sources cost
from 2 to 4 times as much as ENCO.  ENCO has very high quality
micrometers, most of them made in China.  Their standard 1" micrometer
for about $14 is truly beautifully made (China), all stainless steel and
carbide faces-- mine was checked by quality control at a machining
company and received their highest rating (.0001).  You can pay $75
for a WORSE micrometer elsewhere!
ENCO 800-873-3626.

Bill Bailer

\\\  William Bailer                              wbailer@cris.com
\\\  Rochester, NY, USA                       phone: 716-473-9556
\\\  Interests: acoustics, JSBach, anthropology, piano technology