Reamers, was Yamaha Pins Update

William Bailer Wbailer@cris.com
Sat, 26 Oct 1996 05:03:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 21 Oct 1996, Bill Ballard wrote:

>I've stared at those reamers in the J&L Catalog and wondered whether a
>#47 chucking reamer (0.144") such as you describe could be used to start
>out a brand new balance rail hole. Anybody  have experience in tis?
>Where's Joe Garret when we need him?
>
>Bill Ballard RPT
>NH Chapter

(READERS: don't get our names confused!)

Bill Ballard,

I'm not sure what you mean.  For a new hole, what is wrong with marking
with a punch and using an ordinary drill?

Bill Bailer

\\\  William Bailer                              wbailer@cris.com
\\\  Rochester, NY, USA                       phone: 716-473-9556
\\\  Interests: acoustics, JSBach, anthropology, piano technology