To Step in It

SGrossner@aol.com SGrossner@aol.com
Wed, 02 Apr 1997 00:07:46 -0500 (EST)

<< I arrived to find one very busy, over-worked (7 days a week, 12 hours a
day)
 director giving a music lesson.  There were 4 pianos, and I was to "tune"
 two of them.  The first piano was a studio Belarus.  Mistake #3 - never
 assume a music school has nice pianos!  It was 38 cents flat, had lo >>

Dear Carol: My sympathies are with you! I think you handled it very well,
Regarding sounding better flat, I always found a lower tension scale to be
more mellifluous. sometime ago, we would restring and calculate the diameters
of wire to achieve a more equal tension scale when restringing was required.
The results were great, especially on large uprights or grands. By the way, I
am curious. What city are you in? Sincerely, Sam Grossner, chicago.