Clarification (imported pianos)

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Thu, 03 Apr 1997 18:57:03 -0600 (CST)

>Dear list,
>Just to make sure you know what I mean about imported Yamahas.  I am
>talking about older and near new Yamahas originally for the Japanese market
>and our importers here buying them in droves and reselling the here.
>Doesn't anyone have long term experience with these.  I've only had 2
>replies.
>James Grebe in St. Louis
>pianoman@inlink.com

Here's a third reply.

I uncrated a Yamaha two pedal grand (1970) that was shipped to the
customer's home many years ago.  It was a fine instrument.  And I have a
Yamaha Spinet (1961) that fits this imported category in a church
sanctuary, it also is very nice.

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician