lifetime job?

KUANG v137z2ng@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 01:19:33 -0400 (EDT)

I have followed this thread for a bit and I have to admit I'm a
little disconcerted that some are buying into this fellows
complaints without a comment!   I would like to hear the
piano technician's input...As he is not on the list and as
Kuang mentioned he is an RPT,  I would hope there is another
explanation such as the myriad of possibilities that confront
every piano technician.

Kuang states,

"I've seen those broken strings he connected, it's
truely amazing (either he was trying to save school piano wires or he
didn't want to go back to his studio to get strings".

Kuang, have you ever heard of tying a string?  I have been and
seen many situations where someone second guessed another
fellows work.  Possibly this was the best repair at the time.

I have to admit I am a little surprised at the immediate dismissal
of another fellow piano technician, RPT, simply from the
comments of a wanabe piano tuner/musician.  That technician
could be you!

David ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA

	If he doesn't convince me then I'm going to write letters.
As far as tuning the piano myself, I'm afraid it's not a good idea
because someone might say "I saw this kid messing up with this beautiful
Steiway D the other day.  Now there's a crack in the bass bridge."  Until
I become a RPT myself, I should only tune those pianos in practice rooms
(Stability is a real challenge).  Right now I have to learn more about
repairing (this list is an invaluable source to me), tunning shouldn't be
a problem for me (I have tuned since when I was 14 or so, my first victim
was a brand new 7'X" Boesendorfer :p ).
regards
Kuang