Room Dehumidifiers vs. Dampp-Chaser

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iAmerica.net
Fri, 22 Aug 1997 08:37:55 -0500

For those of you who will be looking at DH closely in the coming months,
there is a company called Professional Equipment 1-800-334-9291 (for a
catalog) with moisture meters for wood, etc., psychrometers, hygrometers,
thermometers, HVAC analyzers, circuit testers, sound level metres, super
amplifiers for listening to hard to hear noises, books, angle finder
guages, levels, borescopes, and tons of other cool stuff that building
inspectors use that may be applicable to our trade.
Lance Lafargue, RPT
New Orleans Chapter
Covington, LA.
lafargue@iamerica.net

----------
> From: Susan Kline <skline@proaxis.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: Room Dehumidifiers vs. Dampp-Chaser
> Date: Friday, August 22, 1997 1:59 AM
>
> At 11:02 PM 8/21/97 -0500, Richard Moody wrote:
> >I still have not figured out how a Dampchaser can keep a zone of
> >humidity different from the room the piano is in more than three
> >inches away from the heat bar, or the water tank.
> >
> >Richard Moody
> >ps  No I havn't measured the humidity 2 inches 3 inches 14 inches 25
> >inches away from a damp chaser.    Nor compared the values above and
> >below the soundboard.  But some one has or is gonna ??

> Dear Richard,
>
> In this benign climate, the whole question of humidity control is vastly
> different than for most of the folks in places like New Orleans or
Wichita.