Tuning Prices Subject

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 17:07:48 +0000

> Date:          Thu, 28 Aug 1997 16:23:07 -0400
> From:          Frank Weston <waco@ari.net>
> To:            pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject:       Re: Tuning Prices Subject

Yow!!  If you can tune to A440 with a pitch change of 7 cents to
your 20 cents in one pass your a better man than me.   Any pitch
change will cause about a 25% correction in the opposite
direction.  With a 4 cent change you will be off about 1 cent.
Of course that wouldn't bother me in my everyday work.  I tend
to lean towards 2 passes whenever there is a change of 4 cents
or more and I charge for it and I give them my disclaimer...

David ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA

> Don wrote:
>
> > If the piano is *more* than 1 hertz flat or 1/2 hertz sharp (-4 or +2
> > cents), I consider it to be a pitch correction and not a tuning.
> >

> Yow!!!  By that criteria, 99% of the pianos I tune need pitch
> correction.
>
> I generally consider 20 cents a pitch raise.  Am I that far out of touch
> with reality?
>
> Frank Weston

ilvey
Pacifica, CA