Bandsaw Advice

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Thu, 06 Nov 1997 10:31:02 -0700

At 08:52 AM 11/6/97 -0800, you wrote:

>Newton Hunt wrote:
>
>> Lance,
>>         I had a Delta (14" made here in USA) once, and promptly sold it.
 I had
>> been using an Inca (Swiss) and the difference was going from a Porsche
>> (pronounce the 'e') to an old Ford Falcon.
>
>----------
>
>I'd probably describe it more as going from a Porsche (pronounce the 'e'
as if it were 'uh') to a
>Volvo. I loved my Porsche, but it didn't make a very good work vehicle. My
Volvo is very tough and
>very reliable, stays in tune forever, pulls trailers with relative ease
and just generally does what
>I ask of it every day.

	I've never had a Volvo, but I can pronounce the "e" as "uh" for my
Dodge-uh, which is up to 426 thousand miles with the original motor.
	The Delta that I got from Woodworker's Supply when they were first
introduced was the same way....  it put up with my TLC and all the abuse
that several hired hands could heap on it. Cut through anything I wanted it
to, with a decent 1/2 inch blade. Plenty versatile, and easy to get parts,
etc.
	That was almost twenty years ago, and my dad still uses it in his garage.

Guy