Tuning invention

Brad Smith bsmith006@sprintmail.com
Sat, 15 Nov 1997 05:06:07 -0500

THEOFONE@aol.com wrote:

> Mr Hunt,
> I use a modified Wonderwand with a STEEL ball for weight and feel,instead of
> wood, and a Number 4 tuning tip for feel And impact on such animals.

Whenever I get depressed, I buy tools.  In one of my recent bouts, I
bought the 'speed hammer' from APSCO, # 16458.  This thing has a 2.5lb
weighted handle. I have found it very useful on too-tight pinblocks.
Why do I seem to schedule the Korean pianos so late in the day?  I think
it was Nick Gravagne who described this special tone as:
That piano sounds like a gunshot in a tile bathroom!
This heavy hammer, and ear plugs, makes the job go easier.

NOTE: The speed hammer is NOT to be used as a flotation device.

Brad Smith, RPT
Manchester, NH