Der Mittle Peddle hey

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Fri, 3 Oct 1997 02:44:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 2 Oct 1997, Larry Fisher wrote:

> Geez, I always thought the middle pedal of a piano was there to keep the
> two outside pedals from fighting with each other.
>
> Boy do I ever feel stoopid hey.

Hi, Lar.

Anyone out there who ENJOYS that feeling should trying playing that
part of Liszt's "Consolatiom in Db" where he asks the pianist to use
all three pedals at the same time. Wearing a size 16EEEE shoe, snow-
shoes, or having a really "close" friend crawl under the piano and
work the third pedal for you, are all semi-viable options. And just
when you found a piece by Liszt which you thought wasn't too demand-
ing from a technical standpoint!

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net