Contaminents in felt: Was Damp Action Drying

Warren Fisher fish@communique.net
Sun, 21 Sep 1997 19:09:57 -0700

Susan,

Speaking of contaminated felt, I have had the misfortune recently to
tune several G-457 Wurlitzers in a school.  These pianos consistently
tuned fairly easily up to through the agraffes, but turned into absolute
"pigs" when I moved into the iron v-bar area!  One movement of the pin
would swing the pitch 5 cents on either side without settling anywhere
near where you wanted to be! I treated felt, v-bar and front aliquots
with Protec and stopped for lunch.  When I came back they tuned like
pussycats!  The felt obviously does not allow the felt move easily at
all!

Friday I got into a small Young Chang grand (G-145?) and it looked
identical to the Wurlitzers and had the same problems.  One more
pussycat!  I love that stuff!

Warren

--
Home of the Humor List