faster RCT econo-package

Eliot Lee elee@amug.org
Sun, 28 Sep 1997 22:55:41 -0700 (MST)

>Unless I am mistaken, I believe the Mac that is included in the Luna 1
>package has a 66 megahertz 040 processor. In regular computer terms, this
>would be considered an antique and pretty slow. The relavant question would
>be though, does the cybertuner program run slow on this notebook? Do you have
>to sit and wait for input to be processed, which can be maddening? Is there a
>perceptible difference in speed between the Luna 1 model and the Macs with
>Power PC processors?

        Yes it is slow, but if you check out MacMall or MacWherehouse or
other Mac mail order magazines, you will see that Newer Technologies offers
an accelerated daughterboard card which runs about 160 MHZ for about $500.
It makes it faster than anything in its price class by far.

        I would like to know if Dean or Mitch have tried the accelerator
board on the older machines.

Eliot Lee