Interesting Ad

Vanderhoofven dkvander@clandjop.com
Mon, 03 Aug 1998 16:39:23 -0500

Dear Friends,

We just returned from a 2 week trip to Colorado ( Lots of relatives, nice
weather, mountains, relatives, driving, relaxation, relatives, and did I
mention relatives?  :-)  )

While in Denver, I spotted this classified ad in the Rocky Mountain News
for Monday 7/27/98, page 73E.

"BLACK LACQUER KAWAI; upright, has string humidifier.  $3000.00.  Call
xxx-xxxx"

I guess I didn't realize how dry it gets in Denver if you have to have a
humidifier to keep the strings from getting too dry!  Obviously this person
has no idea why their piano has a Dampp-Chaser humidity control system
installed.  Here is an opportunity for a piano technician in Denver to do
extra customer education!

Glad to be back!
David

David A. Vanderhoofven, RPT
Joplin, Missouri
dkvander@clandjop.com

http://www.clandjop.com/~dkvander/

#pianotech page:

http://www.clandjop.com/~dkvander/ircpiano.html

New web page for the Joplin Community Concert Association

http://www.concerts.joplin.com