August Forster

Thu, 06 Aug 1998 12:35:02 -0700

My suggestion in these cases is always the same:  I strongly advise the owner to
call that "technician" back and accept his "offer" at once.  Delivery can be
arranged this afternoon.

Seriously, the value of any used piano depends on so many variables it is really
impossible to assign a value without knowing more about the specific piano, the
local economy, the cultural maturity of the area, etc.  For an unrestored 1944
August Forster I would guess that even your evaluation of $10,000 is somewhat
high.  My experience with European pianos built during and immediately following
the war years has not been all that good.  The challenges that faced these
builders were truly formidable.

Regards,

Del