Answering Machines

BSimon1234@aol.com BSimon1234@aol.com
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 23:57:31 EDT

Someone wrote:

<<I might add to Zen's list of real tape machine virtues the fact that you
can use standard tapes in them,--- and they will record phone conversations if
both parties are willing to put up with the (legally required) beeps every
ten seconds. >>

<<My Panasonic, which takes normal-sized cassettes, has also been
bombproof.---etc>>

Great machine, the dual full sized cassette machine. I had an earlier
Panasonic that had instructions for eliminating the beep. It was "PROGRAM-
something-something-AUTOSTORE" - When I got my latest unit, a KX-T2475, I
found the same sequence made it beepless when recording, even though the
information was not in the new owners manual. They did not change the chip set
for different countries. I also believe that the rules for recording with beep
or without are different in different states. Technically, Linda Tripp did
nothing wrong when recording "because she did not know it was illegal to do
so" - which is the rule in her home state.  In other states, if one person
knows it is being recorded it is all right.