Ankle deep for a week?

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 09:53:02

At 09:15 AM 8/19/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Well perhaps not a week--but 3 or 4 days. A Yamaha P2 in a basement. My
>opinion a write off. Yours?
>Regards, Don

Had it happen (for 2 days) to a Kimball console and an Aeolian George Steck
small upright. Once they were totally dried out, I tilted, and inspected.
The Kimball had nuts and bolts holding the pedal levers on: just needed
tightening. The George Steck right pedal was loose, and I had to put
leather in the screw holes of the mount. Had to lubricate the casters of
the George Steck, and I checked the bottom board screws of both. Most were
tight, but I took up some slack on a few. A small crack in the bottom
board of the Steck, but not noisy yet. The Kimball was plywood, painted,
and seemed unharmed. I could see the water line across the tails of the
bass strings, but they were hardly rusty and none have broken. The water
didn't reach up to the bridge, however.

Seems worse than it is, is my opinion. Tell us what you find when you tilt
it and check it out.

Susan
Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651