Disklavier, Concertmaster, acoustic foam

ETomlinCF3@aol.com ETomlinCF3@aol.com
Sun, 23 Aug 1998 18:52:15 EDT

Lar and list

<< Speaking of upgrades, with the Concertmaster, it's as easy as inserting a
 floppy in the floppy drive and pressing a few buttons.  With the DKV, you
 have to have some chip swapping knowledge, as well as the time to remove and
 open the control box.  I find this proceedure rather basic, however, not all
 of you have been playing with electronics since before silicon was
discovered.

  Yamaha does upgrade via a disk and a few buttons as Larry discribed.  The
new Yamaha Dkv also is more velocity sensative as well.  You must be thinking
of older product.  Come in and I will show you the new one Lar (lol).  The new
upgrade that Yamaha offers will also give you more than 40 hours of play,  I
believe.

And for relying on the dealer to inform you.  I don't know about the rest of
the systems.  But Yamaha just toured the country and spent tens of thousands
of dollars educating its dealer network and I think you will find them well
informed on their product.

Thanks,

Ed Tomlinson