Elmer's Slide-All vs. Permalon vs. Protek PROlube

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sun, 23 Aug 1998 17:20:48 -0600

Hi David,
          I totally agree with Newton and like him I buy it by the case,
with the amount of Asian grands that I work with, just a 2min job to squirt
those darn squeeky knuckles. The same company makes a product similar to
micro-fine to rub into knuckles, it comes in avery nice 'PUFF' bottle, and
is easy to control.
Regards Roger.

At 01:01 PM 23/08/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi David,
>
>I have used Slide-All for about 30 years or so.  At least it feels that
>long!
>
>I like it because I know it's assets and liabilities.  The white coating
>is Teflon, like Steinway teflon bushings and is the lubricant itself.  I
>like to use very little except on felt where I use more.  I use it onj
>knuckles, wippen tops, keybed, keybushings, capstans, key pins, pedal
>parts, damper wires, drawers, and anything else requiring a dry
>lubricant.  I buy the stuff by the case.
>
>I also carry VJ Lube in my case for pedals and high stress areas.
>Protek is left in the shop.
>
>        Newton

Roger Jolly
Baldwin Yamaha Piano Centre