SAT/RCT

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Wed, 03 Jun 1998 09:02:48 -0700 (MST)

Hi JimRPT:

I think I'm beginning to see the light. While some of us are very exhuberant
about our favorite ETD, we shouldn't let this become a battle zone. The RCT
and the SAT as well as the TL are very fine pieces of artillery in the
battle against recalcitrant pianos that resist our every effort to place
them in Tune. The machines are not the enemy. Let us use them, however
energetically, to tame those piano shaped objects as well as to bring
out all the beauty of the well crafted pianos. In behalf of my favorite ETD,
the SAT, I apologize for the hole in the RCT "Tee" shirt and especially for
one of our favored inner planets missing thereon. Now, carefully try to peel
off that rubbery coating from the face of the SAT so that you can do the
very best chip tuning you have ever done in your life. You will feel so much
better when you get around to doing your usual fine aural tuning on your
latest rebuild.

Jim Coleman, Sr.

PS Yesterday I went out to my son's shop to put a tuning on his recent
   Steinway rebuild. The soundboard, which Nick Gravagne installed, made a
   big difference in the  overall sound of the piano. Great sustain and
   great power. Jim Jr. may even need to voice it down a bit in the
   customer's home today.