pitch lowering and strip muting

DGPEAKE@aol.com DGPEAKE@aol.com
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 21:08:17 EDT

<<
 Dave,

 The 15 minutes, is that for all the string or just the middell one? Do
 you start at A1 and work your ay up on a pitch or tune frome the
 middell.

 Barrie,

  After stripping the entire piano, I set my SAT to whatever, tune from A1.
On 2 string unisons, tune one, then the next note,  pull the strip from one,
backtrack and do the unison.  On 3 string unisons, I tune middle, left string,
then middle of next note, left string, then right string of the previous note.
This method is more stable because of no overpull of the unisons to
compensate.  It is faster because I am not moving mutes around.  15, sometimes
20 minutes at the most for my time.

Hope this helps.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR