Bad Kitty

Glenn rockymtn@sprynet.com
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 10:38:50 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Goodale <Robert.Goodale@nau.edu>
To: pianotech@ptg.org <pianotech@ptg.org>
Date: Thursday, June 04, 1998 10:03 AM
Subject: Re: Bad Kitty

>Gary Shipe wrote:
>>
>> I received a call from a distraught client last evening.
>> The family cat had mistaken the grand piano for the
>> litter box.  Right there in the center of the sound board.
>> How would you all suggest that this be dealt with?
>

>How about restringing the piano with cat-gut :-))))

How about someone giving an answer that can be used?  :-)))

There is a large ammonia product in the cat urine.  Go to Wal-Mart or Target
and look for a product called "Deodoral."  It is a liquid cleaner which has
charcoal in it.  It can't do any more harm to the SB than the cat urine
already did.

I am assuming we are talking more about the urine because I can't see the
feces causing any major problems.  Just clean it up and bill the @#$% out of
them.  If bass strings are involved, they're gone!

Now I am wondering if this is a real customer or a spin-off of that "dog in
piano" prank!

Glenn.