funny stories with moving. wasRe: tail up or tail down

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Sat, 6 Jun 1998 21:46:47 EDT

In addition to being impressed by the three guys moving the Knabe, I want to
relate 2 more stories about moving grands.

I rebuilt the grand piano for a church where the sanctuary was on the second
floor. Getting it down was easy, but going back up was something I was not
willing to do. The choir director was also the choral director at the high
school. On the day of the move, she gathered about 10 football players. I tied
ropes to the skid board, and told everyone to carefully pull the piano up the
steps. I was surpirsed to see the piano being lifted, and almost float up the
stairs. It was over before I had a chance to tell them to slow down.

I heard another similar story about a concert grand at a univerisity. Three
guys were strugling to move the piano up a flight of stairs, when the football
team came through. heading for the lunch room. You can guess what happened to
the piano.  Don't get in the way of hungry football players.

Willem Blees