Viennese Grand

Michiel van Loon mvanloon@xs4all.nl
Sun, 7 Jun 1998 15:07:36 +0200

Hi Doug,
The only thing I can find is what Pierce has.
That is Girikowsky in Prague and no numbers and years.
When TsjechoSlowakia belonged to the Austrian Empire before WO I Vienna and
Prague had close relations.

+AD4-   The piano in question has   +ACI- A. Girikowski in Wein+ACI- written on the
+AD4-fallboard and the serial +ACM-3356. It is a Viennese type action and seems
+AD4-to be of high quality.
+AD4-   If anyone, particularly you European technicians have any info on
+AD4-this brand I would surely appreciate it. Please e-mail me privately if
+AD4-this interferes with the list. Thank you

+AD4-Doug Hershberger, RPT

+AD4-PS. Is there a European equivalent of the Pierce Piano Atlas?

Piano Nummern Atlas - 8. Auflage (8th Edition)
H.K. Herzog
ISBN 3-923639-00-7
Verlag Erwin Bochinsky

http://www.das-musikinstrument.de/pages/books/book.html
search for ATLAS

I never bought it because Pierce is superior.

Michiel van Loon
mvanloon+AEA-xs4all.nl
Homepage http://www.xs4all.nl/+AH4-mvanloon
Meppel
Nederland
+ACI-With both feet on the ground you'll never make any progress+ACI-
Tom de Kok, Dutch politician