Steinway hammers

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 08 Jun 1998 09:47:17

Hi Susan,
           Hope you had a great time in Banff, it was very nice to meet you.
That's not such a crazy notion, I have several candidates at the university
ready for new hammers that so I can experiment and screw up, with no
repercussions.
If you are going to try this as well remember to add alcohol as a wetting
agent, otherwise the Ivory will just sit near the surface.
p.s. I love to-day's tag line.
Regards Roger

>This suggests a crazy notion. Awhile back we were talking about lubricating
>center pin bushings, and Ivory soap was mentioned as an easing solution
>ingredient because it was high in lanolin. Has anyone tried dissolving
>Ivory bar soap in water, and using it on the sides of hammers to get
>lanolin back in? Could it restore elasticity, and if so, what tests would
>one use to find that out?

>"With a little more courage, I could get myself into a lot more trouble."
>			-- Ashleigh Brilliant

Roger Jolly
Balwin Yamaha Piano Centres.
Saskatoon/Regina.