SAT & RCT

dpitsch dpitsch@ix.netcom.com
Mon, 08 Jun 1998 23:48:39 -0600

Keith, yes I have meet and discussed this topic with Al Sanderson and Jim Coleman
Sr.  I remember we were all seated around a table at a restaurant in Denver, CO.
As we were talking, someone's watch alarm went off.  I was the only one in the
entire group of 8-9 PTG members to hear it.  I requested the owner to turn the
alarm off.  It pretty much cued me in as to the disverse aural sensitivity amongst
tuners, even those who are acknowledged to be the best.  I will record your name
in my TOONERS book.

As to Dean Reyburn/Mitch Kiel, I am looking forward to meeting them, and am quite
sure I will have many questions that I will want to be answered.  The lack of
owning a MAC powerbook (or more accurately, being unwilling to purchase one) is
now a problem that can be answered with the Windows version of RCT.  I look
forward to learning this software, and seeing the results.  I am open minded, even
though it may not come across that way.  Just call me "Doubting David".  I have
never seen aural quality results that satisfied my ears just using an ETD without
using any aural checks and making compensations.   The uniqueness that makes every
piano and technician different is what I am basing my doubts upon.

I look at tuning the same way I look at voicing.  One technician says a piano is
voiced properly, another says it still needs more work.  We are different, God
made us that way, and I am very glad for this difference.